Aids Action Essay, Research Paper
Interest Group: Aidss Action
1. Size- Is this a national, regional, or local involvement group?
Membership- How many people are members at national and local degrees?
– Aidss action is a national involvement group
– Aidss action contains 1,000 members at national and local degrees
2. How to reach them:
– What is the reference of the national central office?
– What is the province reference?
– What is the local reference?
Address of the national central office:
1906 Sunderland Place, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Aids Action Council
1875 Connecticut Ave. NW, Ste. 700
Washington, DC 20009
Daniel T. Bross, Executive Director
131 Clarendon Street
Boston, MA 02116
3. What are its major intents or stated purposes?
Our mission is threefold:
– to supply support services to people populating with Aids and HIV, every bit good as the people who love and attention for them.
– to educate the general populace, wellness attention professionals, and persons whose behaviour puts them at high hazard for HIV infection.
– to recommend at the local, province, and federal degree for just and effectual Aids populace policy and support
4. Who founded this organisation?
When and where was it begun?
What were the fortunes environing its creative activity?
– This Aids Action organisation was founded by a little group of voluntaries.
– This organisation was created in 1982 in Massachusetts.
– The fortunes environing its creative activity was that there was many people populating with the Aids and HIV virus that needed aid. & lt ;
5. What legislative plan has it supported or opposed? That is, what kinds of Torahs has it favored and/or opposed to accomplish its purposes? Give illustrations.
– Aidss Action convinced Vice President Gore to back its Reinventing Medicaid proposal, which would for the first clip guarantee entree to life-saving drug therapies for low income work forces, adult females and kids populating with HIV but have non yet developed Aids.
– Aidss Action led the battle for the historic transition of the Work Incentives Improvement Act, leting people with disablements, including those populating with HIV/Aids, the ability to return to work without losing wellness coverage through Medicare and Medicaid.
– Aidss Action was the taking force behind the successful licking of the close riddance of Aids lodging plans. Aids Action transformed this victory into increased support for these plans.
– Aidss Action led a successful attempt to convert the Social Security Administration to spread out benefits for adult females with Aids.
6. List and depict the methods it uses to exercise its influence with the authorities and with the populace? Provide at least two illustrations of these methods.
8. What services does it supply for its members?
– legal aid
– fiscal protagonism
– lodging services
– support groups
– reprieve attention
– exigency fiscal aid
– moving aid
– medical intervention information
– repast bringing
– bar instance direction
– mental wellness guidance
– substance maltreatment services
– nutritional counceling
– adherance support
– instance direction
– the Hotline