Levi Strauss is a big player in the textile market industry. There are hundreds of competitors in the market with the same baseline. Keeping up in a big industry like this is very hard. To continue in an industry like this, the brand must come up with new marketing strategies all the time to attract new customers and bring in customers from competitors’ market. This SWOT analysis will give us a brief about the strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Levi’s is a brand that has been there for years producing the same quality and maybe even improving the quality each year. The brand’s USP is to sell the old ones with the newest trend. It is in the market among the customers presenting the most trending designs. The company has gained loyal customers with its own imaging among men and women across the globe.
1. Brand loyalty – After being in the industry for more than 120 years, Levi’s has many loyal customers who wait until the next trend hits in by the brand. It has many loyal customers who goes straight to the Levi’s every time they think about apparel and clothing which is highly impossible for other brands. And that’s what makes the brand so special and unique when compared to it’s competitors.
2. Brand value – The company has always stood up to the level of meeting the customer’s expectations in terms of quality and price. Being one of the oldest apparel brands, the company has the knowledge of targeting its customers and keeping them engaged during all times of the year.
3. Distribution – It has five major sections that the brand has across the world, Africa and Middle East, Asia and Pacific, Europe, Latin America and North America. There are big distribution channels which has all products across all the countries. To target all the markets, it must come up with different sales and promotions. And Levi’s has managed to do so in during its time in the market.
4. Finance – Considering a company that has a huge reputation, It should be able to access the international finances and Levi’s has the courage to do that. Levi’s never backed down from promoting themselves as a big brand. This financing always gave them a complete control over its other competitors.
5. Promotions using songs – Its unique style of promoting the brand depends on showing their trends using the most popular songs on the advertisements. They come up with the song that is already famous, or which is going viral now for their advertising.
6. Manufacturing – Though majority of the company’s manufacturing plants are in the US, the company is still able to reach its consumers across the world.
1. Though the brand has been successful in defending its position among the other competitors, it remains a weakness that the brand has lost its control sometimes in the past.
2. Increasing competition decreases the chances of growth and it remains a fact in any market/industry. Considering the competition that has the same production with very less to differentiate, the brand must be ready to encounter the competitors in the market. Quality remains the solution to up hold with the customers needs.
1. Low manufacturing costs – The brand must see this as an opportunity where there are many countries that maintain low production and the company must succeed in doing so as it has been the oldest player in the market. Home marketing is always cheaper in any part of the world and Levi’s should increase its manufacturing overseas and not just the US.
2. Increase casual wear – The number of people that wear casual wear are more when compared to the number of people that wear stylish or trendy wear. Though Levi’s is a very big brand, it must enlarge its market to every department. It must target more new designs and new styles falling into different ranges and different classes and not just the upper class of the society. The company must come up with different varieties that attracts all classes.
3. Acceptability – The brand must have access to all types of apparels and not just the western apparel. Though the brand has been attracting the customers across the globe, targeting them in the local markets is still a challenge. Accepting and targeting in the local markets can be a very big opportunity.
1. Emerging trends – In a dynamic world, the trend keeps changing each day. There would be no time to plan the designs, manufacturing, and marketing. This can be a serious threat to any brand in terms of loss of production and wastage of capital.
2. Lack of rights – Many countries manufacture apparel in the name of Levi’s and make business at a very low price in the market. The customer is not aware of the quality and buys it at cheaper price which might result in the brand losing its fame and business.
3. Competition – Competition is a serious threat in any business or in any market. The brand must consider many aspects before launching the products in the market. There are serious threats of losing its customers.