Purpose of the experiment:
The intent of this lab is to assist understand how to decide the denseness of liquids and solids. Besides. the lab is supposed to learn us how to enter lab informations and how to mensurate volume and mass the right manner. Last. it’s designed to assist us understand important values and its relationship to measurings and informations recording.
One technique that will be used during this lab is comparing the truth ( absolute & A ; percent mistakes ) of your deliberate densenesss to recognized literature values. Besides. larn how to find the preciseness for each of your measurings and compare consequences. We will happen out the denseness of H2O. hexane. Zn. lead. Cu and cognize which is the densest compared to the others.
1. Obtain the mass of your 100-mL calibrated cylinder. Make certain it is dry before you weigh it out.
2. Add 20-25 milliliter of distilled H2O to the graduated cylinder. Measure the volume of the H2O really carefully. After: Measure the combined mass utilizing an electronic balance.
3. Add another 20-25 milliliter of distilled H2O to the graduated cylinder. Measure it carefully.
4. Repeat measure 3 to obtain a 3rd set of mass and volume measurings.
5. Use a thermometer to enter the temperature of the H2O in your calibrated cylinder.
Analysis: Subtract the mass of the empty cylinder from each combined mass measuring to obtain three mass measurings of H2O. Take the norm of these three denseness values and look up the TRUE denseness of H2O at the temperature used. Measure the truth of your mean denseness by ciphering your per centum mistake.